CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

02 July 2010

July 2nd Challenge

This CD album is for our design team challenge over at www.cricutminialbums.com.  Pop on over and check out all the great albums the design team has been making.  This one is a summer themed mini album.


I used Plantin Schoolbook to cut 4 3/4" square for the background papers, glued them to the CDs and then trimmed off the excess.  I used Life's a Beach for the 2010 title cut at 2 1/2", California Dreamin' at 2 1/2", and flip-flops at 1 1/2".  I cut all photo mats with a paper trimmer at 2 1/2"x 3 1/2".  I used a Crop-a-dile to punch the hole in the CDs and a binder ring to bind it all together.

This is the cover for the album.  The back of the album is covered in the same Road Trip paper.
These are the next pages of the album.  Using photo real paper of water and sand I added skittles for a little extra splash to these beach pages.
Now we have the ice cream pages.  I used solid card stock in bright orange and pink.  I used cosmetic sponges and dabbed color box inks in yellow, orchid, cyan, and white for a fun look.
Peel offs and bright orange paper are a great add-on to this pink and white hibiscus paper.  I used Sakura gel pens on white paper to color in the dragonfly and butterfly and trimmed around them, add pop-dots for some extra dimension.

These last two pics are the final two pages of the album minus the back cover.  I sponged Adirondack inks in lettuce on the leaves of the palm tree and then put lines on it using Sharpie extra fine point pens to make it pop.  I also added squiggles to the mats for an interesting look.









I hope you enjoyed looking at this album.  Please don't forget to check out the mini album website and leave me a comment.

0 comments: